Monday, April 19, 2010

The Vienna Town Hall (Rathaus)

As today nothing really exciting happened (I practiced playing piano, worked on the translation of my website, went to the library, a.s.o.), I thought, I'll make you happy with another picture of Vienna. This is a rare view from the park that surrounds the Rathaus. Most photos only show the front view, which isn't bad either, but I prefer the unusual and rahter unexpected. By the way, I'm the photographer of all the pictures you see in my blog (just in case you'd like to have one in a higher resolution or for publishing purposes. Only wanted to mention it). So, on Sunday I'll probably add a picture of our parliament, as we've got the presidential elections on the 25th of April. Actually, this is the day of my birthday! I'll go to the polls anyway, though the choice isn't really overwhelming. We've only got three candidates. Two of them are pretty unknown and won't have the slightest chance of being elected. Maybe I'll vote for the present president Mr. Heinz Fischer, but I'll let you know on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment