Saturday, April 17, 2010

Me in front of the Votivkirche

I just met some friends of mine on Rathausplatz (you know, the Styrian festival in Vienna). It's been nice strolling around with them and having a good chat. On this picture you see me relaxing in the park in front of the Votivkirche. The weather's been really fantastic and not a single airplane ruined the idyllic silence. You may have heard about this ash cloud from the islandic volcano that stopped all flight-traffic, which is quiet a disaster for the aviation industry, but frankly, I don't really mind at all, as I suffer from a severe kind of aerophobia, due to a bad experience. (Maybe I'll tell you more about it in one of my upcoming posts.) Well, so my fear of flying makes me stay most of the time in Vienna. Maybe bad for me, but good for you, as you'll see some of Vienna's hotspots through my eyes.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog - the piece about Rathausplatz took me back about 25 years to the only time I've been in Vienna - fascinating city!
    If ever you need help with your fear of flying do get in touch - I've had great success in helping to minimise the effect - and drug free!
    www.lucywaters.co.uk

    ReplyDelete