Saturday, April 10, 2010

Torturing the piano

I've just spent a lovely afternoon with my parents. You can see me sitting in front of the piano that my brother has kind of "parked" here for an indefinite periode of time. Well, at least until the construction works of his house are finished, though they haven't yet begun. However, after nearly 30 years of not playing piano, I gave it a try and guess what? - Right. It's been a horrible, discouraging and disastrous experience. I've forgotten everything! Okay, about time to admit that I never really knew how to play this tricky instrument. I started out with about 9 or 10 years of age and continued taking lessons for the next two or three years (don't remember exactly), but the point is that I never wanted to play by notes. I simply hated those boring Etudes and so I gave up far too early. Now, 30 years wiser and more disciplined, I'm willing to give it another try. I even found some pieces that I'd really like to play: Ragtime and Boogie. BY NOTES!!! So, that's one of the reasons why I didn't add an audio- or video-file of my "virtuosity", as you wouldn't notice that it is ragtime. Well, maybe the notes I play are really r-a-g-g-e-d, but certainly not in the scheduled time. So, please be patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment