Sunday, April 11, 2010

Burgtheater / Vienna

After a two-hour-meeting with my "language-exchange-partner" from Spain, I took a little walk around the city, though the weather wasn't too nice. I decided to add a picture of our famous Burgtheater, which is situated on the Wiener Ringstraße. On the opposite side of the Burgtheater there's the Rathaus, which I'll probably add one of the next times. I've just copied the following information on Burgtheater from the internet and pasted it to my blog. Speaking Spanish at 11.00 a.m. on a Sunday is not so easy. So, I'm a bit "perezosa" (span./lazy)!

The Burgtheater was created on 14 March 1741 by Habsburg Empress Maria Theresa of Austria to be a theatre next to her palace, and her son, Emperor Joseph II called it the "German National Theatre" in 1776. After the second World War it was reconstructed. It is one of the most important German language theatres in the world. Three Mozart operas premiered there.

So, that's it for now. I'm just watching "how to play piano" on youtube and found some very interesting lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment