Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Vienna Main Library

I've just been in the main library in Vienna, where you can get millions of books, cds and dvds. It's really amazing how long you can stay there without noticing that time goes by so quickly. I got me a russian grammar book and some easy readers in french and spanish. But I'm really looking forward to watch "Anchors aweigh" with Sinatra and Gene Kelly. I simply love the old films, so full of romance and music.

You know what, I'd love to see more unsychronized films on TV. It would be so easy to get in touch with a new language. Overall you'll hear the original voice of the actor. Here in Austria, and in Germany as well, everything is synchronized. I mean, it's a bit strange, because on one hand, when looking for a job, it is required that you speak at least two foreign languages and on the other hand the ORF (our national broadcast company) does not offer the most logical solution - broadcast the original film with subtitles!

Anyway, at least there's the library. If you're interested in prices, well for only 18 euros p.a. you can lend out whatever you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment