Friday, March 26, 2010

Language Exchange with Oksana

I just met with Oksana, a friend of mine from the Ukraine. I'm very glad she came back to Vienna to study German. By the way, she speaks German a lot better than I speak Russian. It's a very complicated language. Anyway, I understood a little bit more than the last time (that was in December 2009) and we were talking for about two hours, while we strolled through the inner city of Vienna. After some time of walking we sat down on a park-bench on Heldenplatz, where we enjoyed the sun. To me it is always amazing with how little knowledge of a foreign language you are able to communicate with others. And we were talking about almost everything. Of course, we have an "emergency language", which is English, though we're constantly trying to avoid using it. So, I wish you blog-readers health, good luck and success, which means translated to Russian: Желаю вам здоровья, счастья и успехов!

No comments:

Post a Comment