Sunday, March 21, 2010

St. Patrick's Day 2010 - Vienna

Just came back from a celebration of the irish St. Patrick's day, which took place in a big tent near the Rathausplatz, but I think there were a lot more parties going on in and around Vienna. Though the weather outside wasn't very nice, it didn't affect the friendly atmosphere in the interior of the pavilion. The catering came from Charlie P's (http://www.charlieps-irishpub.at/) and for the first time in my life, I tried an original irish stew, which was quiet okay. Anyway, I guess, if I had to live in Ireland, I'd soon become as fat as a beached whale. Calories in abundance!

I've been there with some friends of mine and we spent a fantastic afternoon chatting, laughing and listening to the fabulous "irish" folk-band, who call themselves "Shannon". Okay, they came from the Czech republic, but those five guys really played amazingly well and showed great virtuosity on their instruments. So, who cares where they come from. Unfortunately I've forgotten my video-camera at home and so I can only share this picture on the right with you. Next year I'll add a video-file or at least something green.

No comments:

Post a Comment