Saturday, June 5, 2010

Preparing my third lesson

Just came back from my little video-tour to the Hundertwasserhaus. I recorded the introduction to my third German lesson. It's still not so easy to concentrate on my text - at least not in four foreign languages, though I have the impression that my ability to memorize things has already gotten better. You know, when I started acting in front of the camera (filming my self in public and saying something into the camera), I felt a little uncomfortable, as I was distracted by people passing by. I simply couldn't concentrate, as I was constantly thinking: "What are they thinking? Why are they staring at me?"
But as I wanted to do these introductions to my video lessons, I simply had to overcome my fears and I'm really glad that I'm obviously on the right track. Today, when I did the introduction for the Hundertwasserhaus, I felt less insecure and tried not to notice all those people around me. So I'm not only learning something about Vienna or how to speak a foreign language, but also something about myself and the further development of my personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment